Question 1. How Does Itil Help To Reduce Costs And Minimize Total Cost Of Ownership (tco) For It Investments?
IT investments and staff always locate that they damage their paintings timelines. This takes place because the unscheduled work usually takes precedence over the paintings this is deliberate. ITIL can assist an business enterprise stop this continuous cycle and can therefore, assist personnel cognizance at the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and other sports of their department.
Question 2. Who Decides The Categorization Of A Proposed Change Within An Itil Compliant Change Management Process?
It is the task of Change Manager
A Change Manager will performs a key function in ensuring that the projects (change projects) meet their objectives within timelines and stated budgets by using increasing worker adoption and usage. This individual will recognition at the people’s aspect of alternate, together with changes to business processes, systems and technology, activity roles and agency systems.
Project Management Interview Questions
Question three. After A Change Has Been Implemented, An Evaluation Is Performed. What Is This Evaluation Called?
It is called Post Implementation Review (PIR)
PIR is an assessment and review of the entire operating solution. It may be achieved after a period of stay jogging, from time to time after the challenge is completed.
The Post Implementation Review is used to evaluate the effectiveness of system improvement after the system has been in production for a particular duration (commonly 6 months). It is a unfastened-form record, and now not all sections are applicable or vital to the final product. A description of the Post Implementation Review Report is constantly attached.
Question four. What Itil Process Ensures That The Organization Is Aware Of New And Changing Technology?
Capacity Management is answerable for ensuring that the enterprise is conscious of recent and converting era. It is the field that assessments and verifies that IT infrastructure is provided at the proper time within the proper extent at a right charge with utmost efficiency.
This includes enter from many regions of the enterprise to pick out what offerings are (or can be) required, what IT infrastructure is required to help those offerings, what level of Contingency will be wanted, and what will be the fee of this infrastructure.
ITIL Configuration Management Tutorial
Question 5. Suppose A Service Level Manager Requires Confirmation Wherein The Internal Service Desk Can Answer A Certain Percentage Of Calls Within 10 Seconds. In What Document Would The Service Desk’s Agreement To This Requirement Be Recorded?
An operational degree settlement (OLA) is a agreement that defines how diverse IT businesses within a organisation plan to supply a service or set of services. OLAs are designed to cope with and solve the trouble of IT silos via setting forth a specific set of criteria and defining a selected set of IT services to be performed by means of each department.
It should be noted that the term Service Level Agreement (SLA) is used in lots of businesses at the same time as discussing agreements between internal agencies. However, in line with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework for high-quality practices, this kind of inner agreement should is better known as an Operational Level Agreement.
Change Management Interview Questions
Question 6. What Two Service Management Processes Will Most Likely Use Risk Analysis And Management Methodology?
The two service control procedures are- Availability Management and IT Service Continuity Management
ITIL Availability Management objectives at defining, analyzing, planning, measuring and enhancing all factors of the provision of IT offerings. Availability Management is responsible for ensuring that every one IT infrastructure, processes, gear, roles, and so on are appropriate for the agreed availability goals.
IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM) objectives at coping with dangers that might critically effect IT offerings. ITSCM guarantees that the IT provider company can continually provide minimal agreed Service Levels, by using lowering the danger from disaster events to an acceptable level and planning for the healing of IT offerings. ITSCM have to be designed to help Business Continuity Management.
Question 7. Explain Service Portfolio, Service Catalogue And Service Pipeline.
Service portfolio – Defines services furnished via service provider throughout all Market and all clients. The objective of ITIL Service Portfolio Management is to control the service portfolio. Service Portfolio Management guarantees that the service provider has the proper mix of services to fulfill required commercial enterprise results at the ideal level of funding.
Service Catalogue is the sub set of Service portfolio. Services geared up to be provided to clients is listed in service catalogue. An IT carrier catalog, now and again known as an IT provider portfolio, is a listing of to be had generation sources and offerings inside an organisation.
Service Pipeline includes services below development. It is a great possibility to view the path of a carrier provider’s boom because it discusses and includes the destiny offerings that are presently underneath improvement by the provider company.
Project Management Tutorial ITIL Concepts Interview Questions
Question 8. What Is The Difference Between Itil V3 And V2?
• The ITIL v2 library was prepared in seven core books:
(i) Service Support,
(ii) Service Delivery,
(iii) ICT Infrastructure Management,
(iv) Planning to Implement Service Management,
(v) Application Management,
(vi) The Business Perspective and
(vii) Security Management
On the other hand, ITIL v3 is now organized into simply five books:
(i) Service Strategy,
(ii) Service Design,
(iii) Service Transition,
(iv) Service Operation and
(v) Continual Service Improvement
Basically the V2 manner regions were logically grouped right into a phased lifecycle technique
• In assessment to ITIL v2, ITIL v3 definitely defines the jobs and duties in each procedure and motives the function of communique inside the entire lifecycle.
Question 9. What Are The Different Knowledge Management Systems?
Different understanding management systems are:-
• CMIS (Capacity Management facts machine) – A Capacity Management Information System or CMIS is a set of IT infrastructure usage, capacity and performance information that is accumulated in a steady way and saved in a single or more databases. It is a single e book of report for all utilization, ability, and performance facts, whole with associated commercial enterprise, utility and service facts. Any IT staffer who desires access to ability management records can doubtlessly use a CMIS.
• AMIS (Availability control facts device) – A virtual repository of all Availability Management records, usually saved in multiple physical locations.
• KEDB (Known errors database) – A Known Error is a trouble that has a documented root purpose and a Work round. Known Errors are managed at some point of their lifecycle by the Problem Management manner. The information of each Known Error are recorded in a Known Error Record saved in the Known Error Database (KEDB).
• CMDB (Configuration management database)– A configuration management database (CMDB) is a database that incorporates all relevant statistics approximately the additives of the statistics gadget used in an company’s IT services and the relationships between those additives. A CMDB gives an organized view of facts and a way of inspecting that statistics from any desired angle. Within this context, additives of an information device are referred to as configuration items (CI). A CI may be any viable IT factor, which includes software program, hardware, documentation, and employees in addition to any mixture of them. The techniques of configuration management specify, control, and song configuration items and any adjustments made to them in a complete and systematic style.
• DML (Definitive media library)– A Definitive Media Library (DML) is a at ease compound in which the definitive, legal variations of software program package configuration gadgets (CIs) are stored and guarded. A DML consists of one or extra software program libraries or document-storage regions known as repositories.
• SKMS (Service know-how management gadget) – ITIL Knowledge Management aims at gathering, studying, storing and sharing information and records within an organisation. The primary reason of Knowledge Management is to enhance efficiency by means of reducing the need to rediscover expertise
Strategic Planning for Project Management Interview Questions
Question 10. What Are The Itil Based Models Adopted By An Organization.?
• Microsoft MOF: Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) is a sequence of 23 files that manual IT specialists through the procedures of creating, implementing and handling green and value-powerful services.
• Hewlett – Packard (HP ITSM Reference Model):– This model is a giant device beneficial in supplying and describing the several IT Management processes, inter-procedure relationships, and commercial enterprise linkages that IT desires to put in place for a success development, deployment and guide of offerings inside the e-world.
• IBM (IT Process Model ):– IBM Process and Service Models software is an industry template that enables you to define commonplace commercial enterprise procedures and services throughout the business enterprise. The software program consists of a set of great exercise commercial enterprise system fashions and provider definitions to support core machine renewal and integration projects.
Change Management Tutorial
Question 11. What Is The Relation Between Availability, Availability Service Time And Downtime?
Availability % = (Available provider time –downtime) / Available carrier time to make sure that all the IT services are available and are functioning efficiently every time customers and users need to apply them inside the framework of the SLAs in pressure.
PRINCE Interview Questions
Question 12. What Is Iso/iec 27002?
ISO/IEC 27002:2013 offers pointers for organizational statistics security standards and statistics security control practices which includes selection, implementation and management of controls, deliberating the employer’s facts safety chance environment(s).
It is designed to be used by organizations that intend to:
• select controls in the process of imposing an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001;
• implement generally familiar facts security controls, and Develop their independent statistics safety control pointers.
Project Management Interview Questions
Question 13. What Is Plan-do-check-act (pdsa) Cycle?
The PDSA Cycle is a systematic collection of steps for gaining valuable getting to know and understanding for the chronic improvement of a product or method. Also known as the Deming Wheel, or Deming Cycle, the idea and application turned into first brought to Dr. Deming by way of his mentor, Walter Shewhart of the well-known Bell Laboratories in New York.
The 4 stages within the Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle contain:
• Plan: Identifying and reading the problem.
• Do: Developing and testing a capacity answer.
• Check: Measuring how effective the check answer became, and analyzing whether or not it could be improved in any manner.
• Act: Implementing the improved solution fully.
ITIL Concepts Tutorial
Question 14. What Type Of Information Is Captured In An Information Security Policy?
Information security regulations are the documented business and technical rules for protective an organisation from information protection threat faced with the aid of its commercial enterprise and technical infrastructure. These written policy documents offer a high-stage description of the diverse controls, which the company will use to manipulate its information security dangers.
The information safety policy files are also taken into consideration to be a formal assertion of control’s cause to shield its information asset from applicable dangers. In particular instances, the policies are supported by way of statistics safety tactics that pick out key sports required to put into effect relevant facts security rules.
Question 15. What Is A Balanced Scorecard?
Balanced scorecard is a strategic making plans and management machine that is used notably in enterprise and industry, government, and nonprofit businesses worldwide to align business sports to the imaginative and prescient and method of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor enterprise performance against strategic desires.
Project Manager Interview Questions
Question sixteen. What Is A Service Request?
Service requests are a formal request submitted by way of a consumer for a few kind of service, software program, or hardware. A Service request usually refers to something the consumer desires and/or needs however does now not already have, together with a printer or laptop. Service requests often contain items which can be already accredited. For example, if it is a business enterprise coverage that all personnel get get right of entry to to the cloud-primarily based CRM gadget, and a person from the advertising branch sends a service request for access to the CRM, this doesn't need any extra approval. The IT assist desk can simply satisfy this request.
Strategic Planning for Project Management Tutorial
Question 17. What Type Of Information Is Stored In A Cmdb?
CMDB incorporates contents which are meant to hold a collection of IT belongings normally called configuration gadgets (CI) as well as descriptive relationships between such assets. When populated, the repository will become a method of knowledge how crucial assets consisting of data structures are composed, what are their upstream assets or dependencies, and what are their downstream goals.
Project Coordinator Interview Questions
Question 18. Is There A Trade-off Between Return And Risk?
According to fashionable portfolio idea, there's a trade-off between chance and go back. All other elements being equal, if a specific funding incurs a higher threat of economic loss for prospective traders, the ones investors have to be able to expect a better return with a view to be attracted to the better danger.
In majority of instances, even though there is no promise of higher returns on risky assets, so the better chance just tends to scare off ability buyers, retaining the returns on a given funding low. The simplest investments which could simply try and promise higher returns for higher risk are bonds, or even then the higher returns won’t be generated if the issuing company goes default.
Change Management Interview Questions
Question 19. What Is The Difference Between End-users And Customers?
End-User – An end person or cease purchaser directly receives the provider or employs the product. End customers aren't the simplest clients as there can be intermediate entities like buying departments, whose expectations or wishes must be carried forward through a sequence of provider contracts or requirement definitions.
Customer– A consumer may also or won't have the capacity to pick out between unique products and providers. For example- In monopoly situations like nearby smartphone and cable tv offerings, there are eventualities whilst stop users do no longer make the shopping decision. It may additionally include Clients of social provider companies or court docket-appointed lawyers or employees of an business enterprise wherein the buying department makes the choices.
Question 20. How Is It Service Continuity Management (itscm) Related To Business Continuity Planning (bcp)?
IT Service Continuity is a subset of Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and encompasses IT disaster recovery making plans and wider IT resilience making plans. It also incorporates the ones elements of IT infrastructure and offerings that relate to communications such as (voice) telephony and records communications.
It is a scientific method to save you, are expecting and manipulate Information and Communications Technology (ICT) disruption and incidents, that have the capacity to disrupt ICT offerings and need to bring about a more resilient IT service capability aligned to wider organizational necessities.
ITIL Service Transition Interview Questions